Wednesday, July 12, 2006

NDP 2006 Preview

Last Sat, went for the NDP 2006 Preview. Got the tix cause my younger bro who is currently serving the Air Force under 120 Squadron is participating as the Supporting Contingent for this year's NDP.

That day, I was the driver for My mum, 4th Aunt, Rongzhen (bro's gf) and Siyin. 5 of us went down to the National Stadium to watch NDP 2006. This NDP will be the last event for this National Stadium before it is being demolished and rebuilt.

The MCs made a special entry by flying foxing down to the field. Haha ... They are Gurmit Singh, Michelle Chia and Jean Danker. (There's one more fat guy dunno his name but I guess because of his size hence he can't do the flying fox entry ba)

The performance this year, nothing great. The songs already changed till I also dunno how to sing already. No more usual "Count on me Singapore", "Stand Up for Singapore", "One People, One Nation, One Singapore" ... ... I really miss those songs. And what's worst? The theme song for National Day is boring and lousy. I wonder why they select it as this year's theme.

Oh yah... I forgot to mention the starting band performance... They have this band performing before the show starts. Keep singing dunno what USA song ... I mean comeon ... It's SINGAPORE's National Day. They come up and keep singing USA??? Where are they from and why are they invited for goodness sake? Perhaps I heard the lyrics wrongly but it sure sounds like USA if it's not. And the band really SUX.

Though this is a preview, I feel that no effort was being made to build up the audience's mood, the fireworks are not very impressive, the usual door gifts is MISERABLE which consists of a bottle of distilled water, a plastic flag and 2 claperons (dunno how to spell it) and all these put in a UGLY looking plastic bag. Haiz .... I dunno what to say la but it's the worst door gift I have ever seen... However I give thumbs up to the Parade Contingents. They are the BEST!!! The rest of the performances are so-so only cause they keep running in formations which the stadium people can only see thru the big monitor display whereas if they look at the field you can't figure out what they trying to form. BEST watched if you at home then cause got that Helicopter's Eyed View from above.

Wow ... I wrote quite alot. Anyway I am overall quite disappointed with this year's NDP. Well enough ranting. Check out the photos I have attached below :)


"Parade formed up ready for your inspection Sir!"


As usual our brave skydivers jumping down from 3000 feets above us and doing the precision landing.


The National Flag escorted by our country's new toy, The Apache chopper.


Fireworks Display (As its not the actual day, the fireworks are actually not very nice and only for awhile only)


From Left: Siyin, Me, Mum, Rongzhen and 4th Aunt


A short fireworks display

No comments: