"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. " James 1:19-20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One early morning a mother went to her sleeping son and woke him up.
MOM : "Wake up, son. It's time to go to school."
SON : "But why, Mama? I don't want to go to school."
MOM : "Give me two reasons why you don't want to go to school."
SON : "One, all the chilldren hate me. Two, all the teachers hate me."
MOM : "Oh! that's not a reason. Come on, you have to go to school."
SON : "Give me two good reasons WHY I *should* go to school?"
MOM : "One, you are fifty two years old and should understand your responsibilities. Two, you are the Principal of the school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I guess some of you would be like me, assuming that the son is probably a kid or the student of the school. Who would expect him to be the principal in his 50s? Hahaha... I dunno about you all but for myself, I do like to assume things. Well bad bad ... Anyway friends, if you are reading this, I want to just share abit with you.
Whatever it is, do not assume something and believe it to be what you think it is. Ask if in doubts and if you do not dare to ask, dun think about it. Assumptions makes your life bitter. I dun deny that at times our assumptions are right but how many times have your assumptions be wrong and because of your wrong assumptions, you hurt someone else? So what if your assumption is correct? Do you feel proud because you guessed it? Do you really want to know/hear what you assumed to be the truth? How many times have you made yourself angry or sad because of your assumptions and later blame yourself for being so stupid because what you assume was wrong and you have angered yourself for nothing and worst still, you make someone sad?
I have this problem of assuming and it's making an ASS out of U and ME. haaz... As quoted from the Book of James, one should be swift to listen and slow to speak and slow to anger. I think I had enough of assuming things le la. It's tiring and not beneficial to me nor to anyone else (but the devil)... I need to change and I SHALL change but not solely thru my own strength but with the strength of God. It's gonna take some time but I will persevere with God's strength, for ~with men, it is impossible. with God, NOTHING is impossible. Mark 10:27~
~~Give me time to change... Wait for me ok? Heez... :)~~
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment